Sibanye-Stillwater says it can resume limited mining in South Africa
Sibanye-Stillwater said on Monday it could restart limited mining at its South African operations after a nationwide lockdown to stem the spread of the coronavirus brought the mining industry to a standstill. The company said the South African government had given it...
Antamina mine halts operations
Peru’s Antamina said on Monday that it would halt all operations for at least two weeks to mitigate the spread of covid-19. The Antamina mine had previously been doing essential work in production and maintenance since Peru, the world’s no. 2 copper producer, imposed...
MMG withdraws Las Bambas copper guidance
Australia-based MMG has withdrawn its 2020 production forecast for Las Bambas, one of Peru’s largest copper mines, after the South American country extended a state of emergency last week to slow the spread of coronavirus. The company, majority-owned by state-run...
Freeport keeps Peru mine running, shuts New Mexico
Copper giant Freeport-McMoRan said on Monday that its Cerro Verde mine in Peru was operating, though limited by the government’s extension of a state of emergency to slow the spread of coronavirus. The world’s largest publicly traded copper producer had temporarily...
Loading